After an incredible 7 years with Experience Camps, it is bittersweet to move into the next chapter of my professional life and say goodbye to the Experience Camps family. It has been an honor to serve alongside our incredible central team, board, and volunteers. I have been inspired and moved by our campers and their caregivers. I have had eggs broken on my head (CalEx counselor challenge 2016), cried tears of joy and sadness, and danced up a storm. Through nearly all of it, has been an incredible clinician, Brie Overton. Brie joined us as a clinician in California beginning in 2016, then moved into the clinical director role in Michigan and Georgia. As you can see in this picture, we would get pretty excited to see each other each summer. I could not be happier to pass the baton of the CCO role to Brie. She is a beautiful soul, a caring human, and a strong clinical voice who will lead ExCamps into the bright future. I will miss you all terribly, and you are in incredible and capable hands! WELCOME BRIE! xoxo
– Cara Allen
We’re so excited to welcome Brie Overton to the Experience Camps HQ team. We asked Brie to share with us her top 10 reasons why she’s excited about this new role and chapter in her life.
Brie’s 10 Reasons Why
* I get to do what I love and love what I do every single day!!!
* Grief is my jam and ExCamps speaks my music 🙂 I found my people
* As a grieving child and teen myself, it has always been a personal mission of mine to provide support to grieving children.
* As a childhood grief awareness advocate, I get to work closely with a team of awesomeness from our volunteers and clinicians to our leadership team and board – it is such a great feeling to be a part of something bigger than myself!
* ExCamps mission aligns with my personal and professional values.
* The work that I do is meaningful and makes a difference for our campers and families, which fuels my motivation to keep doing the work 🙂
* I am excited about getting to witness the beauty and balance camp brings to our campers week after week, year after year.
* I enjoy being in a position where I can be a mentor and coach for others at individual and team levels.
* This position allows me to combine my passion for grief education and training with my compassion for grief support.
* I work for camp, seriously, I work for CAMP, does it get any better than this?! Unlimited S’mores!!!!