For the Adults
A weekend retreat for adults to grieve, connect, and play
June 2-4, 2023
Camps Equinunk and Blue Ridge in Pennsylvania
This weekend will include many of the activities that make Experience Camps so special, like sharing circles, campfires, and other fun camp activities, plus authentic connection with your peers in a safe and supportive space.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Time to slow down, share, and reflect more deeply on your grief.
- Lots of laughs and time to play like a kid, surrounded by other adults who “get it” about grief.
- Meaningful connection with other young-at-heart adults who have experienced the death of a parent or sibling.
- Engagement in activities and workshops exploring how your grief experiences have shaped who you are and where you want to head.
- Campfires, yoga, an epic relay race…and maybe even some milkshakes.
WHO THIS EXPERIENCE IS FOR:
- Adults who have experienced the death of a parent or sibling.
- Ages 21+
$450 for an all-inclusive weekend of camp, including meals (Friday lunch through Sunday lunch), accommodations, and all the s’mores you can eat!
Applications are closed for 2023. Interested in joining For the Adults 2024? Let us know:
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Driving directions to Camp Equinunk & Blue Ridge
- Transportation to/from the retreat is not included in the program cost.
- If you’re flying from out of town, we recommend flying into Newark airport (EWR).
- In your registration form, please note how you plan on getting to camp. Depending on how many registrants need rides, we’ll do our best to coordinate carpooling or group transportation for an additional cost.
- The program will begin at 12 p.m. ET on Friday, June 2nd, and end after lunch on Sunday, June 4th.
YOUR ADULT GRIEF RETREAT LEADERSHIP TEAM:
- Clinical Director: Dan Wolfson (PennEx Clinical Director, Clinical Psychologist at Wolfson Therapy)
- Program Director: Brian Helfman (PennEx LIT Unit Leader; Founder at Third Nature)