The Regional Advisory Council (RAC) is made up of key ambassadors of the organization who serve as the boots on the ground of our key strategic initiatives, including camper outreach, volunteer recruitment and retention, and local fundraising efforts. RAC regions currently include: NYC, South Florida, Northern and Southern CA, Boston, Chicago, and Washington, D.C.
RAC MEMBER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Raise a minimum of $1200 during your 1 year term
- Act as a regional ambassador of the program, establishing deeper roots in the community and providing local expertise for program and cultivation efforts.
- Assist with local volunteer recruitment, including college campus outreach, community/agency partnerships, and regional promotion of opportunities.
- Identify local funding opportunities, such as community foundations, individuals, clubs, agencies, and corporations.
- Meet with new and existing stakeholders to educate and cultivate relationships.
- Coordinate volunteer cultivation and appreciation events, such as bar nights and dinner parties.
- Use social media and personal networks to extend the reach of awareness and fundraising efforts.
- Volunteer at major Experience Camps fundraisers in your region.
- Meet as a group once a month to establish roles and goals.
- Make introductions to the Experience Camps team for meaningful partnership or funding opportunities.
Selection criteria include:
Access to personal and professional networks in your region
Residence in or affiliation with one of our key regional areas (New York City, Boston, Southern and Northern CA, South Florida, Chicago, Detroit, Washington, D.C.)
Borderline obsessive commitment to the cause and organization