It is not what one says, but rather what one does,
that makes all the difference in the world.
Thank you for taking the time to help others with your charitable acts. By practicing kindness to others, you lift yourself as well.
All of the boys and girls that attend Experience Camps have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or primary caregiver. This can have a significant emotional strain, as well as financial hardship, leaving many of our campers and their families without some of the basic necessities that many of us take for granted.
There are many ways to help and we’re happy to discuss your own unique ideas. The guide below is one way to get started:
- Decide what your goal is. For example:
- I want to raise enough money to send 1 camper to camp.
- I want to make friendship bracelets and sell them to my friends and family to help raise money for Experience Camps.
- I want to host a 3 point basketball shoot-out to raise awareness and raise funds.
- I want to….<Get Creative!!>
- If you choose to raise money for Experience Camps, you can create a page through our fundraising section. Include your story and why you chose Experience Camps to support. You will receive a notification when someone donates through your page.
- Write a note (email or letter), straight from the heart, to your friends and family, family friends and friends of family. Explain to them why you think this is important and why you want to do something good for kids who have seen so much heartache. Then include a link to your Service/Mitzvah Page and ASK them to do something….”To support my Mitzvah project, I’m asking each of my friends and family to make a donation!…. Please consider helping me help these campers.”
- Get ready to make a difference in the lives of grieving children!
To begin your planning, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-850-0397.