Safe @ Camp
Join our COVID recovery efforts and get our kids safely back to camp.
Your donation will fund:
Testing & Screening
Pre-camp PCR test and Day 1 rapid test for all campers and staff. We will also monitor daily for symptoms.
PPE & Masks
We need to supply masks for all campers and volunteers. Additional PPE will be required for safety staff.
Hygiene & Cleaning
Frequent hand washing and sanitization will be required. Camps will support increased cleaning.
An advisory committee will oversee our Safe @ Camp plans.
Social distancing on transport means we need to hire more buses.
There will be an on-site coordinator at each camp focused on safety.
Our Safe @ Camp protocols
Below is a summary of our protocols as they currently exist. These are subject to change based on new information that comes out, and we will be providing regular updates to our volunteers and camper families in the coming weeks and months.
- Pre-camp PCR testing for all campers and staff plus Day 1 rapid test.
- Staff vaccination.
- Pre-screening for exposure and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Bunk cohorting.
- Emphasis on outdoor activities and ventilation.
- Daily symptom screening and temperature check.
- Hand-washing, hygiene and extra cleaning of bunks and common areas.
- Required mask-wearing and social-distancing outside of cohorts.
- Added transportation precautions, including social distancing and masks.
- In the event a person is symptomatic at camp, scenarios include isolation, rapid testing and PCR confirmation.